When it comes to taking care of our skin, it's important to choose products that are not only effective, but also safe and gentle. Many commercial skincare products contain a long list of synthetic ingredients that can potentially be harmful to our health and the environment. That's why more and more people are turning to natural products, which are made with natural skincare ingredients derived from plants and other natural sources.
With so many natural skincare ingredients to choose from, it can be overwhelming to figure out which ones are the best for your skin and understand what they do.
Here are the Top 10 Natural Skincare Ingredients that Your Skincare Routine Needs:
1. Jojoba oil: I always say Jojoba oil is the skin's best friend and the KING/QUEEN of natural skincare ingredients because it mimics our skin's natural oil. It has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that can be helpful in reducing the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. It also helps to hydrate the skin and can help to reduce the appearance of redness and inflammation. It's also an excellent source of essential fatty acids, which help to protect the skin from environmental damage.
2. MCT (Mid-Chain Triglyceride)/Fractionated Coconut oil: Coconut oil is a great natural moisturizer and can help protect the skin from damage. Fractionated coconut oil, unlike traditional coconut oil, is non-greasy, lightweight and easily absorbed into the skin. It also has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties, which can help reduce redness and irritation caused by acne, eczema, and other skin conditions. It is rich in nourishing fatty acids, which can help protect the skin's natural barrier and prevent moisture loss. All of these properties make fractionated coconut oil an excellent choice for keeping your skin healthy and hydrated.
3. Sweet Almond oil: Almond oil is rich in vitamins and fatty acids that help to nourish and hydrate the skin. It is rich in Vitamins A, B1, B2, B6 and E, and is packed with essential fatty acids that help to lock in moisture and reduce skin irritation. It can be used to treat dry skin, eczema, psoriasis, and other skin conditions. It has anti-inflammatory properties which can help to reduce redness and inflammation. Additionally, sweet almond oil has antioxidant properties that help to protect the skin from environmental damage and reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
4. Vitamin E (tocopherol): Tocopherol, also known as Vitamin E, is an antioxidant nutrient that can provide a range of benefits for the skin. It's a natural skincare ingredient widely used but is commonly diluted in a carrier oil -- ewww! Studies have shown that Vitamin E can help protect the skin from damage caused by ultraviolet radiation from the sun, reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines, and improve the skin’s overall tone and texture. Vitamin E can also help reduce inflammation, redness, and irritation, and can even be used to treat skin conditions such as eczema and acne. Additionally, it can help provide protection from environmental pollutants, promote collagen production, and keep the skin hydrated and moisturized.
5. Shea butter: Shea butter is naturally rich in vitamins and fatty acids, making it an excellent moisturizer and protective barrier for the skin. Shea butter is a powerful anti-inflammatory, and can help to soothe skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, and dermatitis. It can also help to reduce the appearance of scars and stretch marks, and can even help to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. Shea butter also has natural SPF, so it can help to protect your skin from the sun, keep your skin looking and feeling healthy and beautiful. It is one of my top 3 personal favorites for natural skincare ingredients!
6. Witch Hazel: Witch hazel is known to be great for reducing inflammation and soothing irritations. It can help to reduce redness and itchiness, making it suitable for all skin types. It can be used to reduce inflammation, soothe irritated skin, and help to clear up acne. It can also be used as a toner to balance the skin's pH levels and help reduce oiliness. I use this natural skincare ingredient as a daily toner and have for years!
7. Tea tree oil: Tea tree oil is an essential oil extracted from the leaves of the tea tree plant. It has powerful anti-everything properties -- anti-microbial, anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, and antiseptic, making it effective in treating a variety of skin conditions, such as acne, eczema, and dandruff. When applied topically, it can help soothe and reduce skin irritation. As with all essential oils, be sure to do a patch test first to make sure you don't have any allergic reactions to the oil. Natural skincare ingredients like essential oils should always be diluted when you first use them.
8. Rosehip oil: Rosehip oil is extracted from the seeds of the rose plant and is rich in vitamins A and C, as well as essential fatty acids. It can help to improve the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and scars, as well as nourish and protect the skin from environmental damage. Vitamin C, an important antioxidant, can help promote collagen production and reduce signs of aging. Vitamin A helps reduce acne, the appearance of wrinkles, and helps with skin discoloration. Rosehip oil is also an anti-inflammatory and can help reduce redness and irritation. It can also be used to help heal wounds, scars, and burns.
9. Calendula: Calendula is a flower extract that has been used for centuries as a topical remedy for skin issues. It has a range of healing properties, including anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties, making it a great choice for treating a variety of skin conditions. Applying calendula to the skin can help to reduce inflammation, speed up healing, and reduce the appearance of scars. Additionally, it has been shown to have a soothing effect on dry, itchy skin.
10. Apricot oil: Apricot oil is known for its many skin benefits, including moisturizing, softening, and helping to reduce the appearance of wrinkles. It is rich in essential fatty acids, vitamins, and minerals, which help to nourish and protect the skin. It can be used to help treat dry skin, eczema, psoriasis, and other skin conditions. It can also be used as a natural face cleanser or as a carrier oil for other essential oils. Additionally, it can help to reduce inflammation and improve skin tone and elasticity.
These are just a few of the many natural skincare ingredients that you can find in Infinity Soap Company products. Every ingredient is chosen intentionally, with thought and care about its benefits. By choosing products that are made with these ingredients, you can nourish, protect, and rejuvenate your skin without exposing yourself to harmful chemicals. Natural skincare ingredients give your body natural fuel to heal and repair, creating life-long healthy skin.
Find these natural skincare ingredients in fan-favorite Infinity Soap Company products:
Apricot Oil - Glow Body Oil (coming soon! -- available locally JU Fitness Loft in Germantown, Ohio!)
Coming next week...
Next week I'll discuss more about these favorite natural skincare ingredients of mine further with something called the Comedogenic Scale. Woohoo for science! (Thank you, Bill Nye, for the inspiration!😉).
Do you use any of these in your daily skincare? Do you have a favorite? Tell me about it below!